I think we all love to see pretty packages under the tree, but sometimes wrapping can cost almost as much as the gift.
Keeping things in line with my budget has to happen too.
I thought I would coordinate my wrapping with my living room decor this year. I am using white, gold and my gorgeous malachite pillows, so I shopped for a few things that would give me the look.
1. TIP - Use a beautiful box to hold a budget friendly gift and it will elevate the gift to a new level. Just tie with a pretty satin ribbon and add an elegant tag.
There are so many gorgeous gift bags that will fit any occassion or design.
2. TIP - Even a pretty plain white bag from the Dollar Tree or 99c store will look amazing if you top it off with some pretty tissue and add a special bow or tag. Tie a pretty bow on the handle, add a jingle bell or other small ornament and it will steal the show.
If you buy just a few pretty wrapping papers that go with your theme, you can give the illusion that all of your gifts have custom wrappings.
3. TIP - Use plain white butcher or brown wrapping paper that is really cheap to fill in for most of the packages and sprinkle the fancy paper ones in between.
Buy a couple of packages of fancy tags and tissue to use for those gift bags.
4. TIP - Use the cheaper plain white tissue from the 99c Store to wrap around gifts inside your boxes and save the fancy tissue to upgrade your fancy or plain gift bags. Plain paper bags or wrapped packages look amazing with a glitzy tag too.
5. TIP - Look around for the unusual - gold tipped feathers, small ornaments, bells, glitzy gift tages and pretty satin ribbons from Walmart to add a special finishing touch to any gift. A simple satin bow tied to a butcher paper or brown paper package is stunning.
There is tons of inspiration online for your gift wrapping ideas, here are some more fun ideas.
Brown paper with pretty red bows and strings.
Gorgeous black and white with green ribbons are stunning too.
Plum is a hot color right now and can be pretty to coordinate with your room.
All white with pretty floral ribbons looks so chabby chic.
Whether you go fancy or plain, I am sure all of your gifts will be appreciated and loved by everyone.
So, do you coordinate your packages to your tree and decor or are you old school and mix it up?
You can still link up to Inspire Me Tuesday - We want to see everything.