I have been looking for something new, just not sure what I want. You've all seen my kitchen a gazillion times. A pretty typical builder basic with a small center island facing the breakfast/family room areas.
Here is a straight on shot taken right after I painted the island. Even though I don't think of my style as farmhouse, my kitchen definitely has that look. I use a ton of Antique tins, crocks and country farmhouse style decor.
Are you familiar with Dot &Bo? They have tons of furniture and accessories for every room in the house and they display them by style, so shopping is really easy. I was intrigued by all the various styles they have. Everything from Mid-Century Modern - California Coastal - Industrial - Boho -and quite a few more.
While I was shopping their site for bar stools, I found a ton of really great accessories that I thought would be perfect for my kitchen. These are from their Farmhouse Collection, but I think they could be used with any style.
1./ 2./ 3./ 4./ 5.
Ok, back to the task at hand, I did find a few bar stools that I thought would work for my kitchen, just still not sure of style.
1. Wolfgang Industrial - This one is such a fun style. I think this could be a little farmhouse too. I like the wood top.
2. Angeles Bar stool - This one would be a little more dressy. I love the finish on the wood and the padded seat would really be comfortable.
3. Maggie Crisscross Bar Stool - This is a style I keep seeing in tons of dining rooms all over the place. The back on this one would not block off the island, but would be really comfortable to lean back on.
5. Ridgewood - I've seen this style being used in both modern and farmhouse style kitchens.
Physician's Bar Stool - Hard to see in the pic, but this one comes in antique copper.
I found a couple others online that might work too.7. Lewisville -This one is pretty traditional, but I think it could go in any room.
8. Ridged Leg Nailhead - I like the spool design and the seat has a really interesting shape.
I like several of these, just not sure what will be the perfect one for me. I always have a hard time visualizing something different. I'm so use to looking at these old ones, but it is time for a change, so help me out. What is your favorite?
Be sure to get all of your projects lined up for Inspire Me Tuesday. Party goes live Monday afternoon at 3 PM CMT. Can't wait to see you there.
If you like Thrifty & Chic on a Budget like me, I would love to have you follow me on any of the following.