When I showed you guys my inspiration ideas for redoing the hall bathroom, I showed you this new molding idea. It is a composite wide molding that is sculpted to fit right over your narrow molding without having to remove it. You all asked for a review when I got it.
Well, I have to say this is totally amazing stuff. I ordered it from Lowe's and it came in today. One fast cut to get the right length and it was done. How easy is that.
Here is a picture to show you how it fits over my baseboard. My existing baseboard is really narrow, not anywhere near as wide as the sample the manufacturer shows. It does fit right over the top beautifully.
Now all I have to do is install the chair rail and caulk both then the wall will be ready for paint.
Here is the information from Lowe's web site. and the link to order some for yourself if you want. I will definitely be ordering more.
RapidFit 5.25-in x 8-ft Interior Pine Mdf Baseboard - $21.60
5.25-in x 8-ft Interior Pine Mdf Baseboard
- Installs over existing trim
- Covers existing base up to 9/16-in thick and 3-1/2-in wide
- Eliminates removal and disposal of existing trim
- Primed and ready to paint
- Made from eco-friendly wood composite (MDF)
- Install RapidFit base blocks to eliminate miters and enhance your trim project
- Use RapidFit transition blocks when upgrading base only to create a seamless transition between RapidFit base and existing casing
- RapidFit spacers cover bases thinner than 9/16-in thick
- RapidFit is available exclusively at Lowe-fts
We also got the chair rail up. Now when the liquid nails dries, I will caulk and then we will be ready to paint. Can't wait. This room didn't get painted for the last makeover, so it really needs it.
(Did you notice how high the builder put the towel bar. That is going to be lowered for sure when I install the new one.)
(This is not a paid or sponsored review, just my own personal opinion)
Be sure to get all of your projects lined up for Inspire Me Tuesday. Party goes live Monday afternoon at 3 PM CMT. Can't wait to see you there.
I am joining the following parties: